Sunday, November 2, 2008

Datwon Thomas, Spokesperson for Hip-HopTV24/7.org Incorporated






The Future is here!

What's the deal my good people? I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to you in a different capacity. Yes, I'm Datwon Thomas the Editor-in-Chief of the mighty XXL Magazine, creator/founding editor of KING and RIDES Magazines, yet I'm also a son, father, brother, uncle, cousin, friend and all the things that you are to those who love you. In addition to all that, I'm a concerned citizen. One that wants to see the individuals of today and the ones of tomorrow work towards a unified future of compassion, creativity and constant growth. With the formation of Mr. Martin's not-for-profit organization Hip-HopTV24/7.org Incorporated, you have a foundation for the world to see you get involved in helping a youth based culture push the limits of their voice and choice.

As the world hangs on the ballots of this all too important presidential race, the hip-hop nation must prepare the next mass of soul-soldiers regardless if Obama wins or not. Understanding that much work is needed to set forth goals that cements our influence in decisions that effect our families, hoods, careers, health and love of hip-hop.

As spokesman, you'll hear from me from time to time, because this is really about you. Your involvement is needed just as my influence is here to help you bounce ideas and feelings so I can better represent the culture knowing exactly what you the people are going through.

Regardless who you choose to support in this election, think about how you and yours will live once your vote is cast. Work towards the things your candidate expressed that touched you. Either way, you'll be working in your favor and for those that you love. Knowing that things will be rough on the go in, I'm voting Obama. The tough times ahead for this country aren't half as bad as the tough times that are behind this country.

So frequent this site, as I will do the same to see what's poppin' on your side.

Respect,

Datwon Thomas
XXL Magazine
KING Magazine
RIDES Magazine

No comments: